THE REAL RUNNER CUT-SHEET
The Real Runner™ is a high-intensity interval trainer that simulates a runner's stride, providing a full range of motion, while simultaneously developing stride length, stride frequency, endurance, acceleration and power.
The Real Runner™ is the only performance trainer that uses isokinetic resistance in both the extension and flexion of the hip and knee joints while also promoting dorsiflexion of the ankle.
- Proven results with short intervals (20-60 repetitions≈20-60 seconds
- Performance training
- Increase stride length by building muscle and power across the entire runner’s gait without impact.
- Increase stride frequency through conditioning the athlete to accomplish faster repetitions
- Assured muscular hypertrophy - lower back, abdominals, hip flexors, gluteal muscles, hamstrings, quads, calves, shin and foot
- Dorsiflexion - strength and conditioning of the Tibialis Anterior Muscle
- Forward foot strike
- Physical Therapy
- Wheel kit for easy mobility
- Requires 3⁄4” wrench
- Dual Grip Bars
- Workout Regimen
- Stride Length
- Stride Frequency
- Stride Development
- Acceleration Development
- Speed Training (6-week cycles)
- Surface cleaning
- Check pads and handle grips for wear and replace as needed
- Silicone lubricant on the tubing of the adjustment slides
- Grease on bearings and zerk fittings as needed
- Silicone spray around urethane bushings where bolt goes through metal insert
- The only performance equipment that provides resistance in both flexion and extension of the runner’s movement, concentric and eccentric contractions.
- The only performance equipment that trains dorsiflexion by creating a necessity for the athlete to draw the toe toward the shin, in order to bring the peddle arm forward, under resistance, within the runner’s stride.
- The only performance equipment that provides resistance through isokinetic pistons that respond in kind to the athlete’s degree of intensity of flexion and extension.
- Provides 3 levels of isokinetic resistance - each level’s intensity is variable contingent upon the user’s output in stride force and frequency.
- Used by professional, Olympic and collegiate sports of all disciplines (football, baseball, basketball, hockey, MMA fighters, track and field, etc.).
- Purchased and trained on by individual elite athletes.
- Purchased and trained on by actors to prepare for stunts, conditioning, strength and physique.
- Requires no adjustment for stature.
- Pedals automatically adjust for taller users by extending further rearward.
- Assembled - 39”(W) X 72”(L) X 51.5”(H)
- Remove 4 rear bolts to fit through 36” door
- Shipped (pallet) - 41"(W) X 67"(L) X 54"(H)
- Weight - 235lbs
- Steel frame square tubing 2.50" x 2.50"
- Dura-foam sewn and stitched pad
- Robust bearings (>10 year lifespan)
- MIG .035 wire welded
- Powder coated finish (baked on at 400 degrees)
- Matte Black
- High Gloss Black
- High Gloss White
- High Gloss Red
- High Gloss Blue
- High Gloss Green
- High Gloss Yellow